Saturday, November 14, 2009

Vojtech Wesley is Born

Our newest family member has arrived! Wednesday, Oct. 14, Vojtech Wesley made his entrance just on time--two days before my arrival in Prague (just as his sister did!!). I had planned to get there over a week before his due date, but he didn't wait on me. Thankfully, Kveta, Petr's mom, was able to stay with Rebekah and Petr for the week--just in case Rebekah went early. She was a big help to Rebekah and was able to stay with Magdalena during the birth. Plus, I was able to see and visit with her and Milan before they headed back to their village in Moravia. Oh, how I wish I could speak Czech!! I would love to just have a conversation with them without having a translator!

I arrived in Prague early Friday morning. I was able to get a nap before visitation at the hospital, but I still look pretty rough after traveling for 12 hours! But who cares when I'm holding such a sweetly sleeping baby as this!

Once at home, Magdalena was such a good big sis to her little brother! She does love holding him. She would volunteer to take him at the drop of the hat.

I was able to stay with them for three weeks, during which Vojta changed and grew daily--maybe hourly! He started out as just a wee little guy. You can see how long his newborn clothes are on him. But at his one week check-up, he had gained 500 grams (about a pound)!! Sometimes we would think he had grown while taking a nap!

Petr hadn't started his new job until about 10 days after Vojta's birth, so was able to be at home to enjoy his little boy.

Rebekah felt so much better after Vojta's birth than after Magda's! As you can see here, she has lost a lot of her baby fat and Vojta is gaining his! :)

1 Comments:

At Nov 26, 2009, 2:44:00 PM , Blogger Rebekah and Petr said...

Hey! I just now realized that you updated your blog! :-) I love all of your new posts!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home