Friday, September 18, 2009

Post-wedding Therapy

After Sarah and Scott's wedding, the rest of my family went back to Georgia, while I was able to stay several more days to visit with and console my best friend who had just seen her first-born leave the nest permanently.  

I moved from the hotel to Annalee's room (thanks, Annalee!).  The first couple of days some of Beth's Georgia family were still there.  We talked, laughed, partied (Victoria's birthday swim party at the hotel), and ate out--a lot!  By Tuesday, all guests were gone except for me and Shannon (well, we don't really qualify as guests--more like family too) and it was back to business as usual for Katie. She was interning with the Virginia House of Delegates Majority Leader and had to report to duty in Salem.  We all went along, of course.  Not to intern, but to poke around town and shop while she worked.  We decided to take the "scenic" route home!  It was really pretty, but it sometimes went through dense woods just at dusk, which got us talking about headless horsemen!  We were all relieved to make it out of the fog and dark back to the main highway!

We drove to Roanoke for dinner at a scrumptious Mexican restaurant.
Katie in front of the office where she interns.  I'm very impressed with Del. Griffith.  He never travels with his female interns.  And one as pretty as Katie could really stir up trouble!

3 Comments:

At Oct 7, 2009, 4:38:00 PM , Blogger jules said...

Gale-
Either you lead the most interesting life of anyone I know, or you just create fun wherever you go! I think it must be both.

 
At Oct 7, 2009, 4:38:00 PM , Blogger jules said...

Well, actually this is Suzanne. I forgot Juliana was signed in!

 
At Oct 9, 2009, 8:19:00 AM , Blogger Rebekah and Petr said...

I'm so glad that no headless horseman got my Momma or Aunt Beth! Looks like you had a lot of fun in Virginia.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home