Friday, September 18, 2009

Bartering My Way to Oz

No, I didn't follow the yellow brick road.  Mostly I went by way of I-75 and I-40.  Okay, I didn't even end up in Oz!  But I got a glimpse of Oz at the Barter Theatre where Annalee was performing as a tornado, a Munchkin baby, a crow, a Poppy, an Ozian, a Winkie, and a Jitterbug.  All in one show!  Whew, that keeps a body busy!  (Does that make her a busy body?)

I had extended my stay in Virginia just to see my budding actress in her first professional production!  What an exceptional singer, dancer, actress she is!  I have to brag on Annalee for just a minute: she has even performed with the Radio City Rockettes at Madison Square Gardens while attending a summer intensive course!  She has talent, good looks and the sweetest disposition (just don't ask her sisters about the disposition).  The show was wonderful!  (Ah, what you can do with fly capability.  Sigh.)  Loved the costumes!  One of my favorite scenes was Munchkinland, where Annalee was a baby in a stroller.  That was too cute!


The theater was founded during the Depression by out-of-work actors from New York City. The door admission was 35 cents or the equivalent in produce.  Thus the name--Barter Theatre.

My favorite costume!  Annalee should have been a redhead.  Nah, blonde is beautiful!

Annalee with her show's poster.

Beth (proud mommy), me (proud "aunt"), Annalee, Katie (proud sis).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home